Chocolate Avocado Pie
Gluten-free * Dairy-Free
283g bag Chocolate chips, semi-sweet (Enjoy Life- Dairy-free chocolate chips)
2 Ripe avocados
½ cup Peanut butter (unsweetened, creamy)
½ cup Almond milk, unsweetened
1 Graham cracker pie crust, store-bought or homemade
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
1. Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a double boiler on the stove or in the microwave, stirring frequently.
2. Peel the avocados and add them to a food processor with the almond milk, peanut butter and melted chocolate. Blend until smooth.
3. Pour into a prepared graham cracker pie crust and spread it evenly.
4. Cover and refrigerate overnight, or until firm
If you don’t want to use a premade pie crust, below is my favourite homemade pecan pie crust.
Homemade Pecan Pie Crust
2 cups raw pecans
2 cups rolled oats, processed into flour
12 dates, pitted
1/2 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
2 Tbsp. coconut oil
Preheat oven to 350° F.
1. Grind the oats into a fine powder using a food processor, then transfer to a bowl.
2. Add the pecans to the food processor and grind until finely chopped. If the mixture becomes too dry, scrape down the sides of the food processor, add a bit of coconut oil and continue.
3. When the pecans are fully ground, add the dates and process until finely chopped.
4. When the dates are broken down, add the previously made oat flour and salt. Process until well combined.
5. Press the mixture into bottom of a lightly greased pie pan.
6. Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool before continuing.