The liver is the most important organ in the body when it comes to getting rid of toxins!
Since the liver is responsible for whole-body detoxification, you’re actually detoxifying your entire body when you support optimal liver function.
The liver, known as the master organ of detoxification, needs to be supported on a daily basis. Due to the chemicals we are exposed to every single day, it is sometimes not enough to just rely on your body’s natural processes.
What can overload or impair the liver’s ability to detoxify?
- High exposure to environmental toxins, alcohol, and heavy metals.
- An inflammatory diet, trans fatty acids and excess sugar can inhibit both phase I and phase II liver detoxification pathways.
- Several differet medications can either inhibit or modify detoxification enzymes.
- Free radicals from immune complexes or viruses.
- Nutritional deficiencies. Sufficient levels of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, essential fatty acids, and sulphur containing amino acids are required to ensure optimal liver function.
If you have 3 or more of the symptoms above, you might benefit from the following tips to better support your liver health in our new online eCourse: Everyday Detox – Spring/Summer Edition – An Evidence-based, Whole Food Approach To Detoxification!