No added sugar
I’ve been searching for a while now for a recipe that satisfies both a craving for chocolate and something sweet, but without adding any flour or extra sugar. This recipe does the trick!
To achieve the perfect level of sweetness, this recipe works best with VERY ripe bananas. The more freckled your bananas, the sweeter the brownies will be. My first attempt at making these didn’t turn out very well because I didn’t allow the bananas to ripen enough. The image shown below is how the bananas looked to achieve the perfect amount of sweetness!
- 6 medium, overripe bananas
- 1 cup smooth almond butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 2 – 4 tablespoons cocoa powder. If you’re looking for a richer flavour, use at least 4 Tbsp.)
- Preheat the oven the 350 degrees.
- Grease a small cake or loaf pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a small pot over medium heat, melt the almond butter.
- When warm, mix in the cocoa powder and stir until well combined.
- Add the bananas to a food processor and blend until smooth. If you do not have a food processor you can use a blender, or mash well with a fork.
- Add all ingredients together in the food processor and blend until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the greased baking pan and bake for around 30 minutes, or until cooked all the way through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing into pieces.
*Makes approximately 16 brownies depending on how large you cut them.
Nutritional Information: 1/16
(Using 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder)