Only 3 ingredients and less than 20 minutes to prepare!
I’ve made several different versions of chia seed jam, but my all time favourite has to be the blueberry!
Due to the high level of anthocyanins found in blueberries (the flavonoid pigment found in red/purplish fruits and vegetables), studies have found these decadent little berries to improve memory and increase neural signaling in the brain!
- 3 cups fresh berries (berries of your choice)
- 3-4 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons chia seeds (whole)
1. In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, bring the berries and maple syrup to a light boil, stirring frequently.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Mash the berries with a fork or potato masher.
4. Add the chia seeds and simmer until the jam thickens, approximately 15 minutes.
Stir frequently to avoid the ingredients from sticking to the bottom on your pot.
5.Once the jam has thickened, remove from heat. Store in an air-tight glass jar in the refrigerator.
Will keep fresh for up to one week.
Chia Seeds: High in omega-3 essential fatty acids, antioxidants, iron, magnesium, calcium, protein and fiber! Did you know that those with severe essential fatty acid deficiency are more prone to dehydration, even if their fluid intake is normal?
Live | Laugh | Like | Share | Eat Heal Love