* Quick. Simple. Better-for-you ingredients!
On my quest to safely multi-task (that means not turning on the oven), I present to you yet another no-bake, easy-to-make holiday treat.
3 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
3 tablespoons natural, unsweetened peanut butter (Or nut butter of your choice)
* Only as I started typing out this recipe did it occur to me that using hazelnut butter would have been amazing. Ah well, next time!
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon ground flax seed
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 tablespoon melted coconut oil
1 cup chocolate chips (I used these dairy-free ones by Enjoy Life)
Pinch of sea salt
* Makes approximately 50 macaroons.
1. Melt chocolate in a double boiler, or in the microwave.
2. Measure out the peanut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup and stir into the melted chocolate, combining well.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, combine shredded coconut, flax seeds and salt.
4. Add the melted chocolate/peanut butter to the coconut mixture, coating well.
5. Roll mixture into bite-sized balls and place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
6. Place in the refrigerator to set for at least 10 minutes before serving.