Gluten-Free • Grain-Free • Dairy-Free • No Refined Sugars
After coming up with a delicious grain-free granola recipe last week, I decided to play around with different ways to use it and came up with a few delicious recipe ideas. The first one I’ll share with you are these grain-free granola bars. Of course, you can use any granola of your choice, but if you’re looking for an anti-inflammatory option (because you know that’s what I’m all about about!), the grain-free granola I posted yesterday is a tasty choice. Because it already has the cinnamon and cloves, you don’t have to add any other spices.
Once you decide on the granola you’re going to use, whether it’s store bought or our homemade one, all you need are a few additional ingredients, a food processor and voila! It’s really that simple.
1 cup *grain free granola
8 pitted Medjool dates
2 tablespoons unsweetened almond butter
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut (optional)
1/4 cup hemp seeds (optional)
1. Add dates to a food processor, and pulse until coarsely chopped.
2. Next, add the almond butter and granola and process until the mixture begins to form a ball.
3. Transfer to a bowl and add the coconut and hemp seeds, mixing well.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and press the mixture firmly into the pan with the back of a spoon. Make the bars at least ½ an inch thick. Cut into bars with a sharp knife before placing in the refrigerator to set. (if you cut it after it sets, the edges tend to crumble). You can also make these into balls if you prefer.
5. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before serving .
* Store in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.