Not only are these delicious treats fast and easy to make, but you don’t need any special equipment to make them. If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy summer snack that won’t send your blood sugar soaring, I recommend giving these a try! I have been experimenting with using protein powder in recipes lately. This one is definitely a winner!
• 1 can/400 ml full fat coconut milk
• 1 scoop Vega French Vanilla protein powder
• 1/2 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
• 3 tbsp. maple syrup (or honey)
• 2 tbsp. ground chia seeds
• 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
Top & Bottom Layer:
• 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips. I used these ones.
• 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
1. Refrigerate one can of full fat coconut milk overnight.
2. Scoop out solidified coconut cream from the top of the can.
3. Add the coconut cream to a bowl and whip with an electric mixer until smooth.
4. Add remaining filling ingredients, blending well.
5. Let filling sit for 10 minutes and refrigerate until ready to use.
6. Use coconut oil to grease the muffin tins.
7. In a medium saucepan, heat chocolate chips on low heat until fully melted.
8. Add coconut oil to achieve a smooth consistency, if needed.
9. Pour melted chocolate into the greased muffin tin to create the bottom layer.
10. Add approximately 1 tbsp of filling.
11. Pour the melted chocolate on top to create the top layer. Garnish with grated chocolate or coconut flakes. Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
12. When ready to serve, remove from freezer and let sit at room temperature for a few minutes before removing from muffin tin.