3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup almond butter (or whatever nut or seed butter you have on hand)
2 bananas, mashed
1 cup almond milk
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp. sea salt
Fun combinations to play around with:
Apple pie walnut
Apple pumpkin seed
Cranberry pecan coconut
Everything but the kitchen sink
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin tin with coconut oil.
2. In a small sauce pan over low/medium heat, warm almond butter to soften it up.
3. Combine all dry ingredients and spices together in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the maple syrup, milk and almond butter, until well combined.
5. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry, mixing well.
6. To create individual flavours, scoop a ladle full of the basic mixture into a small bowl and add the ingredients and toppings of your choice.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool for several minutes in the muffin tin before removing.
Serve warm or let cool and refrigerate for a quick and easy breakfast on the go!