Kale Pesto Beet Crust Pizza
*Makes five 6″ thin crust pizzas
Gluten Free/Yeast Free/Vegan
Pizza Crust Ingredients:
1 medium beet, peeled and finely grated
1 cup chickpea flour
1/4 cup sweet rice flour
1½ cups water
1/4 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 tsp. Himalayan sea salt
1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup coconut oil ghee (for cooking)
1. Add all the dry ingredients together in a bowl and whisk thoroughly.
2. Mix in the water to form a paste.
3. Stir in the lemon juice and grated beet, and combine well.
4. Pour the mixture into a blender and process until smooth.
5. Add a few drops of coconut oil to a large skillet on medium heat.
6. Drop about 1/4 cup of batter in the center of the pan and let it spread as though you are making a pancake. Watch for the surface to begin to bubble, then flip.
7. Cook on the other side for approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute.
8. Remove from pan, place on a cooling rack and continue making the rest.
Quick & Easy Kale Cashew Pesto
2 cups purple kale, loosely packed
1/4 cup cashews, soaked for 20 minutes
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 cup water
Pinch of salt
Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped and well combined.
Cherry tomatoes, sliced
Daiya cheese (or cheese of your choice)
Freshly ground black pepper
Assembling The Pizza
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Arrange the pizza crusts on a baking sheet.
3. Spread a layer of kale pesto followed by the toppings of your choice.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes, then remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack before serving.