Spicy Garam Masala Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Fresh pumpkin seeds, washed and drained
½ Tbsp. garam masala
¼ tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp. onion powder
¼ tsp. sea salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper
½ Tbsp. maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Clean and drain the pumpkin seeds, and pat dry with a paper towel.
3. In a bowl, mix the spices and maple syrup together.
4. Add the seeds to the bowl of spices, coating well.
5. Spread the seeds out evenly on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Check often to make sure they don’t burn.
* Garam masala is a blend of ground spices common in North Indian and other South Asian cuisines. It can be found pre-made in the spice section of many grocery or bulk food stores, or you can make your own using the recipe below.
Homemade Garam Masala Recipe
1 Tbsp. ground cumin
1 ½ tsp. ground coriander
1 ½ tsp. ground cardamom
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 ½ tsp. ground black pepper