What a refreshing, antioxidant packed drink for a hot summer day!
• 3 Tbsp. chia seeds, soaked
• 6 strawberries, mashed or juiced
• 3 peaches, mashed or juiced, skin removed (or 1 cup of peach tea)
• Juice from 1 lemon
• 4 cups of water
• 1/2 cup crushed ice
• 2 Tbsp. maple syrup (optional)
1. Begin by soaking the chia seeds in 1/4 cup of water for 30 minutes.
2. Mash the strawberries and peaches with the back of a spoon until the fruit is crushed. You can either press the fruit through a strainer or add the fruit pulp to the lemonade.
3. Combine the fruit puree, lemon juice, and water in a medium sized pitcher.
4. Sweeten with maple syrup if desired.
5. Stir in the soaked chia seeds and serve.