Only 3 ingredients and less than 20 minutes to prepare!
High in omega 3 essential fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamin C and fiber!
Due to the high level of anthocyanins found in blueberries (the flavonoid pigment found in red/purplish fruits and vegetables), studies have found these decadent little berries to improve memory and increase neural signaling in the brain!
*** RECIPE ***
• 3 cups fresh blueberries
• 3-4 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
• 3 Tablespoons chia seeds (whole)
1. In a medium-sized pot, bring the blueberries and maple syrup to a light boil, stirring frequently.
2. Reduce heat to low/medium and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Mash the blueberries with a fork or potato masher.
4. Add the chia seeds and simmer until the jam thickens, approximately 15 minutes.
Stir frequently to avoid it sticking to the bottom on your pot.
5.Once the jam has thickened, remove from heat. Store in an air-tight glass jar in the refrigerator.
Will keep for up to one week.