Did you know the broccoli stalk or stem is just as nutritious as the crown?
1 Broccoli Stalk (approx.114g) Contains:
– 456 IU of vitamin A (for good vision and a healthy immune system)
– 81.0 mcg of folate (necessary for proper brain functioning, helps with depression)
– 28.5 mg of magnesium (required for more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body)
– 54.7mg of calcium (strengthens bones and teeth, wards off PMS)
* When broccoli stems are shredded and added to a salad like this, it almost reminds me of coleslaw!
Shredded Broccoli Stem Salad With Fresh Cucumber Dressing
• 1 broccoli stem, peeled and shredded
• 1 head of broccoli, chopped into florets
• 1 carrot, shredded
• ½ cucumber, chopped
• 1 clementine orange, sectioned and sliced
• ½ cucumber
• 1 tsp. dill
• 1 scallion
• 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds
• ¼ tsp. garlic powder
• 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
• Pinch of Himalayan salt
• Squeeze of lemon juice
In a food processor, blend ingredients thoroughly until smooth. Add a touch of water, if necessary.
This salad will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 3 days.