Curried Ginger Carrot Parsnip Soup
A warm and savoury, anti-inflammatory soup for a cool and rainy day!
• 2.5 cups of vegetable stock
• 8 carrots, peeled and chopped
• 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
• 1 cup coconut milk
• 1 tsp. ground cumin
• 1 Tbsp. curry powder
• 1 tsp. turmeric
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
• 1″ piece of grated ginger
• 1 tsp. maple syrup
• 1 tsp. of cinnamon
• ½ tsp of ground cloves
• ½ tsp of nutmeg
• 1 tsp. of himalayan salt
• Pinch of pepper
• Pinch of dulse flake
1. Begin by warming ¼ cup of vegetable stock over medium/high heat in a medium sized pot.
2. Add the garlic, cumin, cloves, nutmeg and ginger and sauté for a few minutes to bring out the flavour in the spices, stirring continuously.
3. After a few moments, when the aroma of the spices become fragrant, slowly pour in the remaining stock and add the diced carrots and parsnips.
4. Bring to a light boil, reduce heat, cover and gently simmer for 20 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
5. When the carrots are soft enough to pierce with a fork, remove from heat and purée until smooth.
6. Add the coconut milk, cinnamon, apple cider vinegar and maple syrup, stirring well. Allow to simmer for another 10 minutes. Garnish with cinnamon and enjoy!