Gluten-free Garlicy Kale Pizza
You will need:
- 2 cups of crushed tomatoes. I use Eden Organic(BPA Free) unsalted, unpeeled crushed tomatoes
- 1 head of kale; washed, de-ribbed and torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp oregano, dried
- 1 tbsp rubbed basil, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- Pizza crust of your choice. I did not make my own crust, shame on me. I’m not the best pizza dough maker but hey, at least I admit it. I’m a nutritionist after all, not a chef. I’m working on it though 🙂
And it all starts with the sauce!
1. In a large skillet, add the onion and half of the crushed garlic and sauté on medium heat for 3 minutes in 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
2. Add the crushed tomatoes and spices and slowly simmer for at least 25 minutes to let the flavours meld.
3. In a separate pot, boil kale for 8 minutes. Drain and transfer to a skillet and sauté with remaining garlic and coconut oil over low/medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
4. Spread sauce evenly on pizza crust and top with the kale, tomatoes and olives.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crust is of desired crispness!