People are always asking me for ideas on how include more greens and veggies into their diet. Here’s a really simple and yummy way of making kale chips without the use of a dehydrator.
- Wash and dry your kale. Try to get it as dry as possible. I don’t have a salad spinner so I just blot it with paper towels.
- Break kale into pieces, tearing the leaves away from the spine.
- Place kale in a bowl and drizzle in a bit of organic cold pressed, extra virgin olive oil and garlic (I use garlic powder).
- Spread out on baking sheet and lightly season with sea salt. I also crushed some pepitas and sprinkled them on top. mmm
- Turn oven to the lowest possible temperature and bake for 2 hours, or until crispy. Some people bake at a higher temperature for a shorter amount of time but I prefer lower temperatures just as a way of preserving the nutrients. This way you are more or less dehydrating your kale, not really baking.
You can add other spices for flavour. The first time I tried this I used lemon which it gave them a tangy “salt and vinegar” flavour!